Why Choose the Starfish Swimming Program?
The Starfish Aquatics Institute (SAI) family of brands transform the way the risk of drowning is reduced, through innovation in the way lifeguards are trained and supervised, people of all ages are taught to swim, and aquatics facilities operated. Since 1998, the SAI has been a thought leader and provider of aquatic safety solutions with an expansive national and global reach.
How does Amanzi affiliate with SAI?
Amanzi uses the SAI swim curriculum and is an Approved Training Centre in Johannesburg - having done all our training and gained extensive experience in the United States with the latest techniques & methodologies. We are also the only SAI Faculty Members in South Africa since September 2017.
Here are the primary reasons why we and others have chosen Starfish Swimming:
- Nationally and internationally recognized swim instruction program
- Innovative and effective teaching methods
- Safety concepts built into the curriculum at every level
- Transition from another program is fast, easy and effective
- The curriculum can be incorporated into current programming of any kind
- Cost-effective with minimal paperwork
- Client support with direct contact to the highest levels of the organization—no bureaucracy
- Quality resources for instructors and merchandise for students
The streamlined, innovative and learner-focused curriculum uses an “ages and stages” format so that you can become a swim instructor that offers swim lessons across the lifespan to a broad range of interests. There are many courses you can choose to offer that will provide a variety of programming options for your customers to explore the benefits and risks of swimming. You may want to focus on offering one “age and stage” when first starting out and add more to your program as you grow – or you may want to jump right in with a full lineup. The choice is yours;
- The StarBabies and StarTots Course introduces infants and toddlers to the water in a fun and loving environment. Parents or caregivers are taught the proper techniques to teach their infants and toddlers how to float, submerge, move in the water and roll-over. Classes incorporate songs and activities to meet the swim skill benchmarks. Safety skill benchmarks are designed to educate the parents or caregivers.
- The Swim School Courses for pre-school, youth and adult students focus on meeting core competencies required to develop efficient swimming skills and age appropriate safety skills:
1. Trust and submersion;
2. Body positions and air recovery (includes rollover to back for air recovery);
3. Forward movement and direction change;
4. Rotary movement (transitions from rollover to side position for air recovery);
5. Integrated movement; functional strokes; and age-appropriate safety skills.
- The Stroke School Courses for pre-school, youth and adult students develop effective technique and endurance for:
Who can attend this course?
Our internationally recognized Swim Instructor course is open to anyone above 18 years of age who knows how to swim efficiently, enjoy working with people, passionate about teaching and aquatics.
Course Option 1: Choose 1 of the 3 following modules:
1. StarBabies (6months - 18months) & StarTots (18 months – 36 months) or
2. Swim School – Age 3 years to Adult or
3. Stroke School
Course Option 2:
Do all 3 of the above as a combined course and receive certification to teach all of them.
What is included in the course?
- Access to the SAI online theory workbook, worksheets and final exam.
- Registration fees with SAI as an internationally recognized Swim Instructor – to be renewed annually.
- 5 Days theory and practical classes at Amanzi in our Indoor Heated pool with actual classes.
- Instructor Equipment Starter Pack
- FREE workshop on ‘starting & marketing’ your own swim school.
- FREE practical in water teaching experience at Amanzi in addition to the 5 day course – 4 Hours with course option 1 and 12 Hours with course option 2 (4 Hours per module)
Next Swim Instructor Course Date: 25-29 June 2019
JUNE COURSE SPECIAL: The standard Full Package rate is R9999 - but if you book your Full Package now you save: R2000 and only pay R7999 All Inclusive
2 Modules: R5999 All Inclusive
1 Module: R3999 All Inclusive
* We require only 30% deposit (non-refundable) to secure your space and send you your online theory access codes - Click 'Pay Now' button below to start your new exciting career!